How To Choose A Cervical Pillow
It is generally believed that a pillow is a filler used by people to sleep comfortably. From the perspective of modern medical research, the human spine is a straight line from the front, but it has four physiological curves from the side. In order to protect the normal physiological curvature of the neck and maintain normal physiological activities during sleep, pillows must be used during sleep. The quality of sleep directly affects a person's mental state and health.
If you are in a poor sleep posture for a long time, your cervical vertebra will remain tight all the time, which will lead to cervical spondylosis in the long run. Choosing the right pillow can start with the height, radian, softness, and hardness of the pillow.
- Height: The pillow should not be too high, or it will lead to excessive bending of the cervical spine of the head. If it is too low, it will make people feel uneasy and unable to sleep deeply. Generally, the height of the pillow can be selected according to the value of equal fist length;
- Radian: the radian curve of the pillow is also very important. Generally, a cervical traction pillow and a healthy pillow can play a good role in supporting and massaging the neck. Usually, you can choose a pillow with a low middle and a high circumference, which is conducive to restoring the curvature of the cervical spine;
- Soft and hard: if the pillow is particularly soft, a slight pressure will form a depression; Or it is too hard to be plastic. Both are not conducive to sleep, so choose a soft and hard moderate pillow. Such as memory foam material bed pillow
- Sleeping on your back: For people who are used to sleeping on their back, the pillow height should be equal to their fist height after compression (the height of clenching the fist upward is the fist height standard);
- Side sleeping: For people who are used to side sleeping, the height of their sleeping pillow should be the same as that of their shoulder after compression.
In general, the following mistakes should be noted when choosing pillows:
- Don't choose a pillow that is too soft. It is easy to flatten and deform. The cervical vertebra has no support. It is easy to get cervical spondylosis after a long time.
- Don't choose a too hard a pillow. After a long time, the scalp will feel uncomfortable.
- The pillow should be placed on the head and neck, and not over the shoulder.
- In addition, for people who are used to working with their heads down, sleeping with their heads up may make people feel comfortable for a while. However, if this continues, the cervical ligaments will be strained for a long time, which will cause damage.
Qutool bed pillow uses premium shredded foam, which allows the air to flow through every area. What’s more, temperature regulating cooling gel particles are also infused into the foam to alleviate excessive heat build-up. With a zippered inner and outer cover, you can add or remove foam filling to adjust the pillow freely. Our pillow is perfect for side, back, stomach and pregnant sleepers. It is thick and firm, and won’t flatten throughout the night.