Why is your pillow flattening?And what to do?
The memory foam pillow is an increasingly popular pillow choice for those who want a comfortable and supportive pillow. Memory foam is a type of polyurethane foam that is made to contour to the shape of your head and neck, providing support and alleviating pressure points. While memory foam pillows are generally more expensive than other pillow types, they can last longer and provide a higher level of comfort.
Memory foam is a new special material, which has obvious advantages over traditional pillow fillers, such as buckwheat skin, space cotton, and down pillows. It is not as heavy and hard as buckwheat husk and other grain fillers; It is more breathable and supportive than space cotton; It is more cost-effective than the down pillow.
Compared with integrated memory cotton pillows, such as bread pillows, butterfly pillows, wave pillows, memory foam pillows can meet the needs of most people. On the one hand, it can adjust the shape and height of the pillow according to the difference of sleeping posture and individual. On the other hand, the broken memory cotton has more air, more fluffy and breathable.
After using the memory pillow for a period of time, you may find that it is not as fluffy and soft as the bar. What should we do?
To make your memory foam pillow full and fluffy, you will need to follow a few simple steps.
- After getting up every day, pat the pillow from the four sides to the middle. The memory foam filling contains certain feather silk floss ingredients, which rebound faster and softer, and will not be hardened by the influence of temperature. The slapping adds more air between the fillings, which will be fluffy instantly.
- When the weather is sunny, take the pillow outside to blow and bask in the sun, not insolate. In this way, the pillow will become not only warm and soft, but also the smell of sunshine.
- You can also place the pillow in the dryer on low heat for about 30 minutes to help fluff it up.
If you find that your memory foam pillow is not as full and fluffy as you would like, you can try a few different things to help.
- You can try using a pillow insert or review. These inserts can help to add volume and fullness to your pillow.
- If you are still not happy with the fullness of your pillow, you can try adding an extra layer of memory foam. This will add more support and fullness to your pillow, but it may also make it harder to breathe at night.
- If your pillow is several years old, it may be going flat because the fill is breaking down. The typical lifespan of a pillow is 2-5 years depending on the fill type. Make sure you are replacing your pillows every few years, the dust and germs that collect inside your pillow can be quite disgusting.
I hope this blog post helped you figure out why your pillow is going flat and how to fix it. If you are still searching for the perfect pillow, try our pillow finder quiz.